As Software Engineer in our technical and operating departments you will become an expert of our scanning optimization solutions, having the possibility to see the industrial processes at 360°. You will implement, validate and optimize our software in relation to industry needs, contributing to the success of our innovating company.
- Design, adaptation and validation of our software meeting customer-specific requirements
- Customization and commissioning of our scanning optimization solutions in the production line directly on the field
- Development and implementation of software for new machine functions such as computer vision and UX/UI design
- Collaboration in all Project phases: start, testing, delivery, commissioning and optimization of the software
- Cooperation with our Customer Support and Sales department in the definition of specific software requirements
- Preparation of software documentation
- Degree in Information Engineering or similar, a specialization in image processing is appreciated
- Good understanding of C / C++
- Basic knowledge of CUDA is appreciated
- Familiarity with the development environment Microsoft Visual Studio and knowledge of computer vision and image processing are an advantage
- German mother tongue (or excellent knowledge of German), good knowledge of English, knowledge of Italian is an advantage
- Structured and autonomous way of working with a customer-oriented approach
- Curious and open minded, willing to travel worldwide
- High problem-solving skills
- Strong relational and communication skills
- Driving license B
Why Microtec? Because wood scanning belongs to the #1.
Microtec is a hardware and software company, developing and manufacturing world leading scanners & optimization systems for the wood processing industry. Microtec’s team counts more than 50 engineers in our offices in Brixen, Venice and Vancouver. As the worldwide partner for the global wood industry, Microtec’s team members constantly create new approaches and solutions to boost value in wood processing for our customers. Microtec has been setting standards in this market since 1980.